Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Welcome to the Art Room!

Welcome to the 2016-2017 Gladys Noon Spellman Elementary Art room! Art is full time as GNS this year, and all students PreK - 6th grade will be participating.

Art Room Motto - Create with curiosity, compassion, and care.

Meet the Teacher -

Hello everyone, my name is Ms. Perry and I'm Gladys Noon Spellman Elementary School's new art teacher! I am going to be at GNS full time this year, and though I'm new to this school, I'm not new to PGCPS. I'm a Towson University graduate and working artist specializing in illustration and drawing. I have a passion for arts integration (using fine or performing arts to help teach or support other subject matter) and one of my goals for this school year is to collaborate with other classroom teachers throughout the building with my own lessons to help support student learning. I believe that art is an excellent outlet for students to express themselves and release emotions and thoughts in a constructive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment